The Great Neck Breast Cancer Coalition offers a “Lend a Helping Hand” (LAHH) program for women and men who have been newly diagnosed with breast cancer in order to alleviate some of the stresses and demands associated with post breast cancer surgery and subsequent treatment.
The usual chores of daily living such as house cleaning, food preparation, child care and transportation may seem more difficult after being newly diagnosed, surgery and treatment. LAHH relieves some of these stresses of everyday life by providing funding for these services.
To qualify for this program our coalition needs to receive a letter from your doctor on his/ her letterhead indicating that you have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer, and will be having (or have just had) surgery, chemotherapy and / or radiation treatment. We also need to know in writing from your doctor the expected duration of your treatment.
For our LAHH forms, please click here.
After obtaining your doctor’s letter, please scan and email the completed forms and letter back to our Lend a Helping Hand Co-Directors: Donna Lefkowitz: email@example.com or Diana Stein: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* House Cleaning
* Home Care
* Transportation to/from Medical Appointments
* Child Care
* Post -Mastectomy Accessory Items (bras and wigs)
* Food shopping and/or food catering to the home
* Utility bills
Please note that for all of the above services the participant of our Lend a Helping Hand program chooses the individuals, vendors or companies, grocery items and then provides Great Neck Breast Cancer Coalition with receipts of these services.
- When choosing “Groceries” as a Lend a Helping Hand service option, please note that we will reimburse for grocery items associated with breakfast, lunch, dinner, juices, breads, fruits and vegetables. We will not cover foods like sugary snacks or sodas.
- Receipts submitted for groceries and other services must show the date, and how the purchase was tendered: either by credit card, debit card or cash. These modes of payment may not be handwritten on the receipts.
For questions, comments please complete this form